Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sometimes people mistake humility for weakness

Sometimes people mistake humility for weakness. Jesus’ life shows us that humility requires great strength and that a humble life reflects God-given courage. Strength and courage come from an unshakeable confidence in God. Knowing who we are in relationship to God frees us to humbly serve God’s purposes with our lives. Does your life reflect Christ-like humility?
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Philippians 2:5-7
Prayer: Jesus, I am humbled at Your willingness to become a servant. You know the prideful places in my heart, the places that fight the thought of humbling myself. Thank You that knowing this, You still love me and You forgive me. I humble myself before You today, and ask that Your example of humility would permeate my life today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

LLJ 2/16/11

No comments:

Post a Comment